There are two different versions of the software: RapidAuthor and RapidAuthor S. RapidAuthor S is integrated with Teamcenter and imports JT data; RapidAuthor imports data in various CAD formats (e.g. CATIA, NX, SolidWorks).
IMPROVEMENTS IN RAPIDAUTHOR AND RAPIDAUTHOR S
A NEW SOLUTION FOR PLUGIN-FREE PUBLICATIONS – CORTONA3D SOLO
- RapidAuthor (RapidAuthor S) now allows for creating publications which do not require browser plugins. They can run in most modern web browsers on different OS (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, mobile OS). Cortona3D Solo that allows for viewing publications of this type is based on asm.js and WebGL technologies. 2D CGM images are converted to SVG which is natively supported by modern browsers.
- Support for orthographic projection in RapidAuthor and publications.
- Support for multi touch gestures on touch screens in RapidAuthor publications.
- Extended document editor features for S1000D 4.1 and DITA documents.
- Support for DITA 1.1 – 1.3, including content references (reused information blocks).
- The Capture3D functionality has been improved. Size of text and image panels now depends only on the specifed physical size of the captured image and does not depend on specified resolution (dpi).
- A new tool in RapidAuthor suite is tailored to the text authoring tasks. RapidText requires specification components of a new special type – TEXT. Two specification components of this type are included in RapidAuhor suite – S1000D 4.1 Text and DITA Topic.
CORTONA2D EDITOR PRO
- A possibility to customize the color palette. Display of tooltips with color names.
- Ability to set a halo for lines and polylines.
- Support of a multiline text as a single primitive via the new Textbox object.
JT DATA IMPORT*
- Ability to import Model View from JT in a standalone mode with automatic creation of IPC pages.
- PMI reference planes are imported as a semi-transparent rectangle.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
* This functionality requires RapidAuthor S or Rapid JT Component to be installed.
- The user interface of the License Administrator has been improved. Now the License Administrator displays comprehensive information about available software licenses.
IMPROVEMENTS IN RAPIDAUTHOR ONLY
- Numerous improvements and bug fixing in importing various CAD formats.
IMPROVEMENTS IN RAPIDAUTHOR S ONLY
- Correct import with respect to engineering data hierarchy.
- Correct geometry import with respect to UG REF SET.
- Other bugfixes and performance improvements.
TEAMCENTER INTEGRATION IMPROVEMENTS
SUPPORT FOR FOR TEAMCENTER V. 11.2.
- The new version of Teamcenter connector is compatible with Teamcenter v. 11.2
SUPPORT FOR OVER-THE-WEB INSTALLER
- OTW support allows for installing Cortona3D Teamcenter Connector on the user machines using the HTTP protocol. This significantly simplifies the software installation process within a company network.
IMPROVEMENTS IN RAPIDDEVELOPER AND RAPIDDEVELOPER S
- Support for IPC page generation.**
- Support for “UG REF SET” geometry import rule.***
- Other bugfixes and improvements.
** This functionality requires RapidAuthor S or Rapid JT Component to be installed.
*** Applies to Teamcenter import profiles (requires RapidAuthor S to be installed).