Cortona3D announces the launch of RapidAuthor 10.1, a new version of its leading authoring tool that enables enterprises to reuse existing PLM data and CAD assets to author lightweight, interactive 3D/2D technical publications. RapidAuthor 10.1 offers new import configuration abilities to improve visual quality of 3D graphics. Normal-per-vertex information can be imported from CAD geometry, as well as additional types of VRML geometry nodes e.g. Text and Extrusion.
RapidAuthor for Teamcenter 10.1 provides significant improvements in data update. It is possible to select in the Update Wizard, which metadata values should be updated. Metadata conflicts, when metadata value changes both in source data and in the project, are highlighted in the Update Wizard and such updates are not accepted by default, the change in the project has priority.
Cortona3D has re-designed 3D PDF generation to empower 3D PDF Publishing in RapidAuthor 10.1 that allows for lifting some technological limits of former 3D PDF publications and support cross sections in step-by-step instructions and parts catalogs. Publishing to 3D PDF will work not only in 32-bit as previously, but also in 64-bit versions of RapidAuthor. 32-bit components are removed from the 64-bit installer, making it almost twice smaller.
RapidAuthor allows for automatic creation of 2D CGM images from 3D models and adjusting them in Cortona2D Editor Pro. The new version of the 2D editor has many enhancements in operating on the active layer that result in time-savings in the authoring process. Release 10.1 offers a wide range of new editing features for 2D CGM images in Cortona2D Editor Pro, including the user-requested feature that the drawing tool is active till another tool is chosen.
Other changes in the new release include:
- Improved generation of callouts that simplifies the editing process.
- Support of the latest version of S1000D – Issue 4.2.
- Support of CAD data import is extended with new CAD formats: CATIA V5_6R2017, Inventor 2018, Parasolid v30, ACIS 2017.1 (R27), SolidWorks 2018, Solid Edge ST10, and AutoCAD (up to 2018) data.
More detailed information about the new release:
Educational video about new features:
- RapidAuthor 10.1: improvements of callout generation
- RapidAuthor 10.1: what's new in 2D editing
- RapidCatalog 10.1: 3D PDF Publishing
- RapidManual 10.1: 3D PDF Publishing