Cortona3D releases a new version of its leading authoring tool for creating technical publications. RapidAuthor v 6.1 includes a new integrated editor for 2D graphics and illustrations that will enable authors and illustrators to edit legacy graphics or 2D graphics auto-generated in RapidAuthor. This further extends the RapidAuthor vision as a single comprehensive tool for all authoring and graphical needs.
Cortona2D Editor is a native CGM application that allows for viewing, editing, hotspotting and montaging multiple graphics. It provides support for layers, various object types (lines, hotspots, texts, etc.) and a wide range of 2D formats including JPG, PNG, GIF, and TIFF.
Other new features in RapidAuthor 6.1 include:
- 64-bit support: better performance by processing large assemblies.
- New publishing options: ability to publish for mobile devices, compatibility with additional Web browsers, expanded PDF publish, batch republishing tool.
- Improved 2D illustration auto generation from 3D.
- Multi-language support for metadata maps in CAD specific import plug-ins.
- Extended object gallery.
- Improved licensing procedure.
If you would like to discuss buying or upgrading please email sales@cortona3D.com
Cortona3D software gives manufacturers the ability to provide more efficient and effective technical documentation – parts catalogs, technical manuals, operating procedures, assembly instructions and training materials. Rapid tools are proven in use on projects run by Boeing, GE, Airbus as well as small to medium sized companies globally.