As Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 11 in August 2021, Сortona3D will introduce related changes into its RapidAuthor software.
Starting from RapidAuthor 14.0 scheduled for release in Q3, 2021:
- Plugin-free publications will not support Microsoft Internet Explorer;
- The publishing option “use browser plugins” will not be available any longer, the user will be able to create plugin-free publications only.
- If you are already producing plugin-free publications you can use them with modern browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox on various platforms.
- If you are still producing publications that require plugins using out-of-the-box specification components you can migrate to plugin-free publications. Some guidelines are provided below.
- If you are using custom specification components which do not support plugin-free publications yet, please contact the supplier of the custom component to implement this feature.
RapidAuthor plugin-free publications can be viewed with the help of Cortona3D Solo that is based on WebGL/HTML5 technologies.
More detailed information about Cortona3D Solo, creation and deployment of plugin-free publications can be found here:
- General information about RapidAuthor plugin-free publications and Cortona3D Solo
- Comparison of plugin-free publications and publications that require plugins
- Republishing existing RapidAuthor content as plugin-free
- Placing Cortona3D Solo library on a web server
- Running plugin-free publication on a local web server
- Offline viewing plugin-free publications
- Hardware and software requirements for viewing publications
- Check your web browser for WebGL compatibility
If you have questions regarding migration to plugin-free publications please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org