With the speed of technology change consumer electronics companies are facing serious issues to stay competitive. The customer is constantly demanding new and more innovative products. Organisations need to respond to this demand yet at the same time
- Reduce their overall costs while improving quality to stay competitive
- Go-to-market faster
- Increase varibility of products to meet changing customer tastes
- Capture, evaluate and exploit intellectual property investments
- Meet local regulation and legislation in this dynamic and multinational market
- Global multi-lingual customer base
A major barrier is the traditional technical documentation process which is manual, disparate and typically has a data disconnect with source data. Cortona3D overcomes this disconnect by allowing the author to import and therefore re-use engineering and manufacturing data to author the technical documentation.
Cortona3D RapidAuthor, with support for DITA, enables companies to leverage the constantly changing design, CAD and bill of materials information to create technical documentation that is configured correctly and available on time. Reusing the data and the built-in automatic update wizard allows organisations to start the authoring process earlier and therefore get the product to market faster giving them a competitive advantage.
The authoring suite enables organisations to create their maintenance manuals, work instructions and parts catalogs in one tool.
- Configuration specific documentation
- Faster document authoring
- Engineering-change linked documents
- Mobile delivery – iPad
- Better Compliance and Safety