BUNDLES ALL PREVIOUS RAPID TOOLS INTO ONE RAPIDAUTHOR
- RapidCatalog, RapidManual, RapidLearning, RapidWorkInstructions, RapidDataConvertor and RapidDataImportTools are bundled into one product – RapidAuthor *.
- Will apply to both node-locked licenses and floating licenses.
- All customers on maintenance will receive an optional upgrade to RapidAuthor.
- Pricing will be set at a similar level to previous single product licenses.
Benefit: Access to all the Rapid Tools under one single license. No need to manage various numbers of individual tools – the New RapidAuthor product covers all.
* “RapidAuthor S” includes RapidJTComponent instead of RapidDataConvertor.
IMPROVEMENTS IN TEXT AUTHORING
- Simplified work with 2D hotspots in XML document.
- Support for multi-sheet 2D illustrations.
- CGM illustrations are visible in document editing window.
- Localization for XML document stylesheets.
- Easily configured for customer specific DTD and Schema.
Benefit: Improved authoring process enables the author to write the XML text while simultaneously creating the necessary graphics and synchronizing both.
IMPROVED DATA IMPORT
- Improved import - much smaller install size.
- Updated support for existing formats (NX 7.5, Solid Edge ST2, SolidWorks 2011).
- New RapidDataImportTool (Universal) plug-in supporting more formats (3D XML, I-deas, IGES, Parasolid, STEP, STL, VDA-FS).
Benefit: Continuous improvements in multi-CAD import process.
IMPROVEMENTS IN 2D VIEWING AND GENERATION
- 2D images generated in procedures are linked to the procedure action and timeline allowing automated update (including raster images generated from 3D).
- 2D images generated in catalogs are linked to the sheet view allowing automated update (including raster images from 3D)
- Cortona2D Viewer will be available as a distributable component.
- Ability to show one or multiple callouts for similar parts.
- Ability to show one or multiple leader lines per callout.
- Optional SVG output.
- Clipping of the scene to the back of the camera for orthogonal projections.
IMPROVEMENTS IN CORTONA2D VIEWER
- New improved CGM Viewer with distribution license. Big improvement inperformance and image quality versus competitors. Includes support for:
- WebCGM v2.0.
- Support for BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WMF, and EMF.
- Usage on 64-bit computers.
- Shell extension for 2D image preview in Windows Explorer (thumbnails)
Benefit: Overall performance improvements in 2D illustration generation, viewing and updating.
AUTHORING PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- Performance improvement on project loading and publishing in RapidManual / RapidLearning
- In-tool palette for object gallery and expanded Tool library.
- Common animation/positioning dialog boxes ('Screw' actions are edited with standard dialog).
- Improved navigation in 3D - Possibility to set center of rotation when navigating in 3D.
- Enhancements to the manipulator.
- Enhancement in RapidCatalog. Freeze camera option when moving between sheets.
Benefit: A range of authoring improvements aimed at delivering process and workflow improvements.
SINGLE REDISTRIBUTABLE 3D/2D VIEWER
- Optional single re-distributable installer containing both Cortona3D viewer and new improved CGM viewer (Cortona2D Viewer). Available from Cortona3D website.
Benefit: Easily deliver content to end-users.
IMPROVEMENTS IN PUBLISHED OUTPUT
- New more flexible PDF output options.
- Publish to 2D PDF (Initially for S1000D specifications and customer specifications on request).
- 3D PDF publish doesn't require Adobe Acrobat.
- Publishing support for new versions of the Cortona Viewer – Android, iPad, Java.
Benefit: These capabilities improve the published content and enhance the end-user interface.
AUTHORING TOOL INTERFACE LOCALISATION
- Cortona3D is planning to release localized versions of the RapidAuthor tool during 2011.
- The new version will have English, German and Russian installation options. More languages will follow.
- It should be noted that the RapidAuthor tool already supports multilingual content authoring.
- Support for multilingual audio clips in procedures.
Benefit: Although technical communications is generally a multilingual sector customers will benefit from localized interfaces.
- Support for password-protected proxy during license request.
- Improved failover server support.
- Floating server on Unix platform (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (32-bit), SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 (32-bit)).
- Request for all available licenses in License Administrator (Server) instead of specifying license count.
- Simple mode in License Administrator (Server).
Benefit: Improved and simplified license administration.
WINDOWS 7 (32BIT AND 64BIT) SUPPORT
- 32 bit support for Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). Full 64bit support will be available in a later release.
Benefit: Support for workstation and higher specification machines, improves performance