Integrate Cortona3D tools into your software and web environment
Flexible and configurable solution
Cortona3D offers common-used API integration capabilities to integrate the RapidAuthor suite of tools with PLM, CMS, and CSDB. Developers can rapidly connect RapidAuthor with a new or existing IT infrastructure.
Interactive 3D procedures and other content created with Cortona3D tools are HTML5 compatible and can be embedded into third-party web applications such as MPA, SPA, PWA, IETP viewers, LMS, portals. Visually intuitive and lightweight documentation can be easily accessed on all modern browsers or from any mobile device strengthening service and customer satisfaction.
You can receive dedicated support, consulting services, and training to meet your specific business needs. Contact us to learn more and build your custom quote.
Cortona3D offered an integrated approach to compiling and production of technical documents. The support from their team is also very reliable, which is an asset when the need for such support is required.John WintersManager Technical Publications, Pilatus Aircraft
Drive digital transformation success
Producing technical documentation for complex mechanical products can be a challenge when using standalone content management systems. This is because technical publications are often isolated and not fully integrated with the rest of the product development process.
However, by integrating Cortona3D with PLM, manufacturers can significantly reduce document development costs, easily implement design changes in documentation, and improve the effectiveness of product documents. Technical documentation connected to the digital twin (a virtual representation of the physical product) represents the current digital state of the product, meaning that any changes in the design reflected in PLM will also be reflected in the documentation.
With Cortona3D, manufacturers can confidently implement the authoring process to produce modern interactive 3D and traditional textual technical documentation that is easy to manage, update, and distribute.
Here are the most noteworthy features of a shared-PLM environment:
- Direct access to existing PLM information such as engineering, manufacturing, and service BOMs, as well as images and CAD data
- Centralized creation, editing, and reviewing of individual content objects within PLM using RapidAuthor
- Automated metadata entry, including revision and applicability, based on the relationships between a data module and product structure
- Automated change impact notification to free technical writers from manual research on design changes and their impact on data modules
- Use of existing PLM processes and workflows for document review and approval
- Easy tracing of links back to source data for verification of information in data modules
Benefits of PLM-driven documentation
- Time and cost-saving through the reuse of existing assets
- IT cost savings by consolidating the product and documentation record into a single system
- Effective change management
- Improved quality and accuracy of documentation
- Rapid creation of configuration-specific product documentation while using fewer resources
Easy to enter
The standalone version of RapidAuthor allows for quick results and easy learning. It can transform engineering data into interactive catalogs, instructions, and maintenance materials.
For large enterprises with complex IT infrastructures, integrating RapidAuthor with PLM, CMS, and CSDB can provide efficient storage and management of technical documentation.