RapidIllustrator is a tool in the Cortona3D RapidAuthor suite tailored to the creation of 3D and 2D illustrations from 3D geometry for parts catalogs, procedures, job cards, and other types of manufacturing and after-sales documentation.
RapidIllustrator allows for importing 3D models in various CAD formats including CATIA, NX, JT, SolidEdge, etc. While importing data, 3D models are optimized and a set of representations with various surfaces is created. With RapidIllustrator the user can easily and quickly set up 3D scenes, assemblies explosions, viewpoints, etc. before generating 2D images.
RapidIllustrator is a component of RapidAuthor. You can purchase RapidIllustrator as a standalone product. RapidIllustrator comes with Cortona2D Editor Pro to edit generated 2D images.
- Editing 3D models:
- Create exploded views
- Create section planes
- Edit materials
- Trim items
- Edit item transparency
- Add parametric objects such as hose, spring, callout, etc. from the expandable object gallery
- Generating 2D illustrations
- Generate 2D illustrations from a 3D model with a mouse click
- Generate callouts automatically
- Supported formats: CGM, SVG, JPG, and PNG
- Updating 2D illustrations
- The ability for the semi-automatic update of 2D images when initial CAD data are updated
- RapidIllustrator is supplied along with a specification component of a special type - Generic Illustrations. Custom specifications with custom styles and custom sets of output data can be created on-demand.
- Ability to create plugin-free HTML publications for viewing created 3D and 2D illustrations
- Ability to create PDF publications
- Maintenance and support