Cortona3D Viewer for iOS allows you to view interactive 3D/2D product catalogs, work instructions, maintenance guides, and manuals created with Cortona3D tools. With this app, you can also experience 3D procedures and VRML scenes in augmented reality on your iPhone.
The Cortona3D Viewer for iOS is the perfect complement to the RapidAuthor tools. If your company does not yet use Cortona3D RapidAuthor you can still install Cortona3D Viewer for IOS and view the sample content.
- Support for augmented reality for procedures and VRML scenes
- Usual iOS gestures – zoom, pan, etc. for navigation in the 3D view
- Multiple exploded views and full bill of materials hierarchy
- Touch on a part and see additional information
- Search, hide and show parts
- Detailed parts list – part number, nomenclature, etc.
- Full 2D CGM viewer
- Play or scrub through animated install or remove sequences
- Text overlay of step-by-step instructions
- Designed as a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Support for multilingual content
- Upload and share content using iCloud
What's new in version 3.1
- New rendering modes: outline selection and X-ray selection
- Support for multiple textures in the AdvancedAppearance node
- Support for zoom limits in procedures
- Weighted blended order-independent transparency (OIT) for rendering translucent geometry
- Support for antialiasing (MSAA) in the AR mode
- Addresses the issue with rendering double-sided translucent geometry
- Addresses the issue with rendering the Background node under a scaled transform
- Addresses the issue with missing HUD when rendering with large z-ranges
- Addresses the issue with rendering geometry with more than 130000 vertices
- Addresses a few issues with procedure playback
- Updated demo content
Any problems uploading your own content? Our iOS content upload instructions will answer all your questions.
Have any feedback about the latest update or Cortona3D Viewer in general? Share your experience with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.