Flatirons Solutions and Cortona3D are pleased to announce the integration of Cortona3D Solo rendering technology with the CORENA Pinpoint and CORENA Pinpoint Mobile Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (IETP) viewers.
CORENA Pinpoint and CORENA Pinpoint Mobile by Flatirons Solutions are the aviation industry’s most advanced manufacturer-independent IETP viewers, allowing maintainers to access airframe, engine, and component manuals and work cards from a wide array of manufacturers. By providing a single source for all of the technical information needed to perform maintenance and repair work, the products deliver strong productivity gains for aircraft maintenance technicians (AMTs).
Airlines do not need to create new 3D models to take advantage of this solution. 3D models often created by OEMs using Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing solutions like AutoCAD, Solid Edge, or CATIA are converted into light-weight 3D data and
published alongside the S1000D XML as part of technical content supplied to airlines as part of new generation aircraft.
The integration of CORENA Suite and Cortona3D technologies brings together the industry’s leading OEM-independent technical information viewer with the world’s most advanced solution for displaying 3D models. By providing technical publications and work cards that are enriched with 3D assets, the joint solution brings dramatic usability and ergonomic improvements to AMTs.
- 3D is increasingly important both for manufacturers, who want to create more interactive documentation, and for operators, who want to better empower maintenance staff in their complex work. As part of this integration, CORENA Pinpoint and Cortona3D models will support advanced features like:
- Synchronization between 3D objects and the procedural text so that as the user navigates the 3D model the viewer shows relevant task execution details, ensuring that the most appropriate information is always shown to the user.
- Navigation of technical publications using 3D models, as an alternative to traditional Table of Contents or search-based navigation, including the Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC) and maintenance manuals.
- Support for task-related animations for modeling complex procedures like assembly/disassembly in a more intuitive manner than 2D renderings can permit.
- Features for 3D model interactivity, including user-driven options for rotating, zooming and selecting specific components or parts from a 3D model.
As the aviation industry grapples with a growing skills shortage, there is an increasing need for maintenance teams to match the level of interactivity and convenience of consumer software when delivering technical information to new generation workers. The combined CORENA Pinpoint / Cortona3D offer helps both airlines and manufacturers meet this requirement.
To learn more about the benefits of 3D models in technical publishing, and the combined CORENA Pinpoint / Cortona3D offer, download a new white paper at https://www.flatironssolutions.com/resources/white-paper-integrating-cor....
About Flatirons Solutions
Flatirons Solutions® (www.flatironssolutions.com) provides solutions for aviation and defense content lifecycle management. For more than 20 years, it has helped airlines, MROs, manufacturers, and military forces maintain and operate complex assets more effectively. Its software and service solutions help organizations to deliver the right information, at the right time, to the right people — Turning Content into Knowledge®. Flatirons operates from offices in Asia, Europe, and the United States with its headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
Cortona3D (www.cortona3d.com) provides effective solutions for transforming engineering data into highly interactive 3D/2D parts catalogs, work instructions, and product maintenance materials. Visually intuitive and lightweight documentation can be easily accessed by technicians on site or in the field, strengthening service and customer satisfaction.
Flatirons Solutions, Inc.: Patrick Dawson, Patrick.Dawson@FlatironsSolutions.com, +1 303. 627.6548.
Cortona3D: firstname.lastname@example.org; +353 (1) 214 3380