Cortona3D will discontinue support for Internet Explorer and publications that require plugins in RapidAuthor 14.0 in Q3, 2021
11 November 2020
As Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 11 in August 2021, Сortona3D will introduce related changes into its RapidAuthor software.
Starting from RapidAuthor 14.0 scheduled for release in Q3, 2021:
- Plugin-free publications will not support Microsoft Internet Explorer;
- The publishing option “use browser plugins” will not be available any longer, the user will be able to create plugin-free publications only.
- If you are already producing plugin-free publications you can use them with modern browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox on various platforms.
- If you are still producing publications that require plugins using out-of-the-box specification components you can migrate to plugin-free publications. Some guidelines are provided below.
- If you are using custom specification components that do not support plugin-free publications yet, please contact the supplier of the custom component to implement this feature.
RapidAuthor plugin-free publications can be viewed with the help of Cortona3D Solo which is based on WebGL/HTML5 technologies.
If you have questions regarding migration to plugin-free publications please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.