- Highly configurable products need configurable, visual, assembly work instructions
- Improved quality and access to maintenance knowledge and spare parts information of each component. Mis-identification or incorrect ordering adds significantly to support and maintenance costs
- Maintenance Knowledge must be available at all times including mobile devices
- Meet local regulations in all the dispersed geographic markets
- Distribution of technical documentation needs to be fast, easy, and "green"
- Communicate complex maintenance information or assembly instructions easily around the world in electronic format
- Reduce the amount of paper documentation needed
- Re-use existing assets such as engineering data, graphics, and CAD data saving time and money
- Start the authoring process at an earlier stage supporting earlier product launch dates
The purpose was to simplify operations & maintenance of machinery for our customers. The technical knowledge is mostly the same as before but it is delivered in a very different form. Now we offer interactive solutions which could not have been provided on a piece of paper. As a result, even newcomers can easily access the necessary information and can be easily trained.
Technicians are very enthusiastic. Not a single machine is assembled without that application anymore. The technicians can search by item number and retrieve the description, the quantity, and the production drawing for every part and view the machines in 3D without having to call on engineering. It works so well that the technicians can’t do without it anymore.