- Configurable, visual work instructions are needed for highly configurable products
- Improving access to maintenance knowledge and spare parts information is crucial to reducing support and maintenance costs
- Maintenance knowledge must be accessible anytime, anywhere, including on mobile devices
- Compliance with local regulations across dispersed geographic markets is a challenge
- Fast, easy, and eco-friendly distribution of technical documentation is important
- Adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the landscape of the industry
- Meeting customer demands for faster turnaround times, lower costs, and more customized products is a significant challenge
- RapidAuthor allows for the creation of highly configurable, visual assembly work instructions to support the manufacturing of complex machinery, reducing the need for paper documentation and improving access to maintenance knowledge
- The use of 3D graphics in technical documentation helps to communicate complex maintenance information and assembly instructions easily around the world in electronic format
- The reuse of existing engineering data, graphics, and CAD data in the authoring process saves time and money while ensuring consistency and accuracy
- The ability to start the authoring process at an earlier stage supports earlier product launch dates and helps to meet local regulations in dispersed geographic markets
- The distribution of technical documentation is made fast, easy, and "green" by the use of electronic formats and mobile devices
- Cortona3D innovations also include augmented reality technology to enhance the training of maintenance and assembly personnel
The purpose was to simplify operations & maintenance of machinery for our customers. The technical knowledge is mostly the same as before but it is delivered in a very different form. Now we offer interactive solutions which could not have been provided on a piece of paper. As a result, even newcomers can easily access the necessary information and can be easily trained.
Technicians are very enthusiastic. Not a single machine is assembled without that application anymore. The technicians can search by item number and retrieve the description, the quantity, and the production drawing for every part and view the machines in 3D without having to call on engineering. It works so well that the technicians can’t do without it anymore.